Once again, it is tagging season where wonderful bloggers like to encourage other bloggers with praise and “awards”. This time I have been tagged the uber talented Jowita author of Never Do It Again. As well as the amazingly awesome Sempreviva author of Sempreviva’s Sims: A Sims 3 Romance Legacy. But that’s not all. The wonderful Rose author of Gravity has nominated me as well.
There are not enough kind words that I could use to say enough nice things about y’all. What I will say is thank you for always being so encouraging and supportive. Your constant likes and encouraging comments from you mean more to me than you know. Thank you.
The rules for accepting this award are simple:
- Write 7 interesting facts about yourself
- Nominate 15+ amazing bloggers for this award. That’s a lot of bloggers when you’re a newbie. I won’t be offended if you choose not to “do anything with it.”
Alright, now on to the tough part; finding 7 interesting facts about me. I am pretty sure that these are different facts than before, but if I have repeated myself just bare with me. Alright here we go:
- I drive like an old lady. I am probably the only person on the road who is actually driving the speed limit.
- My favorite color is pink, but my favorite color to wear is blue or purple.
- My husband is a retired professional motocross racer. I know that isn’t a fact about me per say, but I am including it here because I am so proud of him.
- Speaking of my husband. Even though I call him my husband, we are not officially married. We have been together for 16 years, and we have been living together for over 10 years. For one reason or another we have yet to tie the knot.
- I completed my first half marathon last October. My time isn’t going to win me any awards, but I was still proud of myself for actually finishing the darn thing.
- My user name, socallucyfan, coms from the fact that I come from Southern California and I am a huge I Love Lucy fan. socallucyfan has been my user name since the first sims game.
- I feel like it has taken me longer this time around to come up with these facts (that I am afraid are not as interesting as last time). I also think that I said that the last time as well.
But wait, there’s more. The lovely and talented freja64, author of The Grey Witches, has nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I am such a huge fan of this story, full of rich characters that will have you hooked from the very first chapter.
Freja64’s Questions for me:
- Why did you start writing?
- I have always used writing as a way to help me deal with the things going on in my life. Putting them down on paper (or on the computer) is a therapeutic way of letting go of all of the negativity.
- Where do you write your stories?
- I write where ever the inspiration hits me. Recently, inspiration has been coming to me on my morning runs. When I get an idea I have to stop and take notes in my phone. Which is good for my story, not good for my time.
- Do you write the story first or are you inspired by your gameplay?
- I do a bit of both. Generation 1 was more game play, Generation 2 was more story based, I think that Generation 3 will be more balanced.
- Have you ever used a version of “yourself” in a story?
- Not in the story, but my simself interviewed the cast of characters during my past blogiversary. I never took myself out of the town, so I will still find myself wandering the town every once in a while.
- Do you listen to music while writing / playing? If yes, what kind?
- I can’t listen to music while I type, or read, or do homework. I need silence for that. But I do like to listen to music when I play. Usually whatever is on the radio.
- What kind of books do you read and why?
- I love reading all types of books. If it a good story, I’m there. Recently though, I have been into biographies.
- Which of your characters could be your roomie?
- I would love to have June as a roommate. She is the adventurous type to get me out of my shell. Plus I could borrow her clothes, since we have a very similar sense of style.
- Have you ever imagined getting your story published?
- No, I don’t think I am that good.
- Have you already cried while writing something particularly moving?
- Yes, actually I have. Spoiler: G3 will see a character’s death that sort of mirrors a recent loss in my personal life. And as I was writing that chapter I did get emotional.
- Is there someone who reads your stories and who gives you feedback before publishing?
- No, but I probably should. If nothing else it could help me next time I have writer’s block. Or, help with grammar (since I am so bad at that).
- Have you ever wanted to be like one of your characters?
- I think that all of my characters have something that is to be admired. Cindy’s compassion, May’s cooking skill (I hate cooking), or Brandon’s bravery. Even Maleficent and her unwavering self confidence is something that can be admired.
Again, thank you for all of the kind words of support. I am so happy to be part of this community of like minded writers who are all so encouraging and eager to offer up advice or an ear to listen to your problems.
I am so late with this post, so I won’t nominate anyone. But if any of you have 7 more interesting facts about yourself or your story I would love to hear them. Thank you again, and hopefully this means that I will be posting chapters more frequently.