I know that I have said this more than a lot, but it is always worth repeating: I love being a part of this amazing WordPress community. The best part of my day is when I open my Reader and find a new post from one of my many favorite writers. One such writer is loladiamond01 and her amazing story neverdoitagain. If you are not currently following this story, then you are missing out. And when I opened my Reader a few days ago I found that she has nominated me for Sunshine Blogger Award.
And just this morning, as I was about to post this, I found that I have been nominated yet again. This time by the talented Amelia writer of The Fairwood Legacy. I adore this legacy, and Amelia’s writing style.
Update: After I posted this morning I found out that Louise creator of Not Just a Book Sims has also nominated me as well. This is another blog that you must read!!
What is it?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging communityThe Rules:
1. In a blog post, thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
Questions from Neverdoitagain:
- What do you most enjoy about being a member of the WordPress community?
- I love what a tight knit and supportive community we are. Everyone is so friendly and encouraging always offering advice or help with tons of tutorials. I have read some captivating stories and met some amazing people though this community.
- How often do you check to see if there’s anything new out here on WordPress?
- Checking my Reader is the first thing I do every Saturday morning, or if I am up late on Friday night.
- What makes you call a person a skillful writer?
- A skillful writer is someone who can captivate my attention. They can make me feel exactly what the character is feeling. They tell a story that has me at the edge of my seat and consistently checking my Reader to for the next chapter.
- What do you do when you feel like you’re stuck on a particular storyline and don’t know where to take it?
- This has actually happened to me most recently. I was at a place where I was getting frustrated and seriously considered walking away from my story. I created a new game and just played The Sims. That help remind me why I originally started the blog and why I fell in love with the Sims way back when.
- The prettiest Sim you’ve ever had in your game?
- I think that Faye is probably the prettiest sims that I have ever created. I miss her at times.
- Your favorite couple in your gameplay/stories?
- Right now I am seriously shipping Noah & May from my other legacy One Moore ISBI. Noah is so adorkably charming and May is a sexy townie that has stolen his heart. Of course it helps that she is as childish and insane as he is.
- Your favorite non-romantic relationship in your gameplay/stories?
- I love the dynamic relationship between sisters April, May & June Season. Each of these women have personalities as different as their hair colors. But it all worked cohesively and the sisters sort of complemented each other.
- Have you had a Sim that you fell in love with right away?
- I get way too attached to all of my sims from the moment of creation.
- If you ever did any storylines, what is the one you’re most proud of? If you didn’t, post the oldest picture from your save.
- I am proudest of how I was able to transition from Generation 1 to Generation 2 and from Cinderella to Sleeping Beauty.
- Have you had any Sims that remind you of someone?
- It never started out as my intention, but the more I write for Stella the more I realize that our personalities are very similar. Except I haven’t been put under an evil curse. At least not that I know of.
- Is there any random fact about your blog story you want to share?
- I don’t think people know how much time I spend naming my sims for this story. A few of the names are at random (Brandon, Ivy, & Sarah were all picked by a name generator). Hopefully some of the names are obvious like how Cindy Rella sounds like Cinderella and how April, May & June are three names that go well together. Some of the less obvious ones are Ryan, which means prince. Hence he is literally my story’s Prince Charming. Faye’s last name is Reed. If you say her full name fast enough she is the Fairy Godmother. The name Stella means “night”, which kind of goes with sleep & sleeping. Lastly, Stella loves the outdoors so her children all have a nature meaning behind them. What names are those you ask; well you are just going to have to wait and see.
Questions from The Fairwood Legacy:
- Who was the most difficult character for you to write?
- Ryan Charming has been hard to write for. I feel like he hasn’t gotten much time and attention as my other characters. He is Cindy’s Prince Charming, but was a very basic character for her story. And he was absent for most of Stella’s life.
- Is there anything you wish you could change about your story?
- Some of the older pictures make me embarrassed because the quality is so bad.
- What inspired you to begin writing?
- I was going through a pretty crappy time in my life. I don’t want to get into all of the details, but the Sims was a way of helping me cope with everything. It became an outlet and a major stress relief for me.
- What types of scenes are the easiest for you to write?
- I love writing for my antagonists. They are usually so different from my own personality it is fun to put myself into that different mindset.
- How long has your blog been up for?
- A little over a year.
- What character in your story do you like the most?
- I really love them all, even my antagonists.
- Are characters in your story influenced by people you know in real life?
- Stella’s best friend Sarah is based on my real life BFF.
- What led you to set up your blog?
- It started as my own selfish desire to have my story and my pictures organized and all in one place. The PowerPoint doc I first used was getting way to big.
- What character has been influenced by your own personality the most?
- Stella, but not on purpose.
- Are there characters that you absolutely despise in your story?
- How do you keep yourself motivated to write?
- Every once in awhile I have to step away from Once Upon a Legacy before I start getting frustrated and want to quit. I play the game, clear my head, and get lost in the enjoyment of the game. That is how I created my other legacy One Moore ISBI.
I don’t have a specific list of nominees this time, since I am not sure who has been nominated and who has not. If anyone reading this feels like they want to answer the following questions, then consider yourself nominated!
My Questions (let’s go with 5 questions instead of 11)
- If you could change places with anyone for 24 hours, who would it be?
- If they made a movie about your life what would the title be, and what type of movie genre would it be?
- What do you like most about yourself?
- If you could take anything from the Sims and incorporate it into real life what would it be?
- I know that I totally stole this last question: but is there any random fact about your blog story that you want to share?